Thursday 21 April 2011

LOOse Woman

Are you a LOOse woman or man?...

Do you sometimes have the sudden need to undo your clothing? Do you start running in a certain direction when you have the 'urge' maybe two, three or four times a day?

Unfortunately for some, living with Fibromyalgia does NOT turn a sufferer into a raving nymphomaniac......the kind of 'loose' that I am talking about is far from attractive, sexy or a turn on...to the contrary...the kind of 'loose' that I am talking about can also involve 'stuck', 'bloat', 'gas' and 'growl', 'noise' and 'pain'!!.....

Yes, I am talking about the dreaded 'IRRITABLE BOWEL Syndrome' (IBS)...and it STINKS!

Having an 'Irritable Bowel' is a common occurence for individuals with Fibromyalgia, however as many of you will know, IBS is a 'Syndrome' in itself, that can have a profound effect on the lives of sufferers on a daily basis. If you suffer from an irritable bowel, you will know how disabling (and upsetting) it can be at times. The range of symptoms, from constipation and bloating, to stomach cramps and diarrhoea can be very distressing......I know.

Please see the useful link below for information on IBS and the four different parts of the gut that are involved in producing the different symptoms that occur:-

IBS has had me 'on the run' for years, and my symptoms have involved  all four sections of my gut, however over the last few years my symptoms have suggested that most of my problems are revolving around my Oesophagus and Large Bowel (or intestine). I was originally diagnosed with the condition after blood tests and a Colonoscopy, which failed to show up anything significant in the results, and like FMS, the diagnosis was made only after doctors had ruled out other diseases such as Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis.

However I do wonder, whether my IBS is not a stand-alone condition (as it was diagnosed) but it is in fact, just another set of symptoms, in the collection of symptoms that I have with the FMS, ...and I'm sure that many of you who have been diagnosed with both conditions, wonder that too...do you?

IBS is quite often referred to as having a co-morbidity with Fibromyalgia....I just refer to them as horrid partners in crime!! Please see the link here for the relationships between IBS and FMS. http://nfra.net/fibromyalgia-IBS.htm

I asked if you are a LOOse woman or man? Are you?...

Now you know that I can be a LOOse woman at times (or bloated or stuck)...and it's nothing to be embarrassed about...is it? If it is, why should we be embarrassed? If we can put up with so much in our lives....we can deal with IBS...right?

Have a pain free, relaxing, comfortable day.

2 comments:

  1. It is an extraordinary thing that we can learn to live with so many difficult things.

    It is not easy and often really frustrating.

    I don't have the same condition that you are describing I have / had ulcerative colitis, which is an IBD like Crohn's disease. I had it for 13 years furing which time I learned a lot about my own psychology and ability to cope.

    This culminated in surgery.

    You are right not to be embarrassed, it is important to talk about these things. Both for the person with the condition and to educate those who don't.

    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for your support!

    So sorry to hear about your battle with Ulcerative Colitis...however great to see that you have not let it win!

    I read your blog post about the 'Mind-Body Split'...yes if Descartes was alive today he would have a lot to answer for!

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete