Thursday 7 April 2011

WRITTEN asPAINrations.....is this where it begins?


So where do I begin? Where do any of us begin when there is so much to say and yet we 'feel' too much to think, talk or simply function?

Today to be honest I'm feeling a little numb...some may say dumb!....my Fibromyalgia has hit me like a hammer the last couple of days, it has beat me up, thrown a fishing net over me and told me I'm a blithering idiot, (actually that was me when I looked in the mirror).

So why did you tell yourself that you are a blithering idiot, you may ask? To answer.....I decided to 'tweet' last night like a good little twitterer on twitter...'Living with Fibromyalgia is like being in an abusive relationship', because.... for any of you that have the condition, you will know that it can leave you feeling pretty useless at times, down-trodden, restricted and unlovable. FM can affect your whole being. Over the last couple of days I have felt so fatigued, in pain, tearful, sensitive and angry that once again, 'IT' is here.

I call Fibromyalgia 'IT' because to me it's a thing that is annoying, 'IT' gets in my way, stops me being who I want to be. 'IT' stops me feeling perfect, womanly, sexy, lovable, worthy, 'IT' stops me being 'me'!..... Or does it? Yes, I have Fibromyalgia, 'get over it' (voice in my head)...but it doesn't have me!

So, with that, Iv'e decided to write a book.....'WRITTEN asPAINrations - a story of pain and determination whilst living with invisible illness'.....it's a semi-autobiographical novel, about a woman (like me) living with the condition and other invisible, chronic illnesses...and how, despite 'IT' being a part of her life, 'IT' is 'NOT' going to own her life!

My hope is that the book will inspire others who live with invisible or 'hidden' illnesses or other kinds of pain, whether it be physical or emotional or both...to fight, carry on and pursue their dreams, whether it be in writing or something else.




I asked in todays post title 'WRITTEN asPAINrations - is this where it begins?'....well, I believe it is......do you?


Have a happy, pain free, inspiring day.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    good to hear your thoughts on pain and chronic illness - the word 'hidden' is key, isn't it? Others struggle to understand something they can't see. I've lost count of the number of people who have said to me, 'but you look well.'
    Keep on keeping on,
    Darren
    (@thinkmark on Twitter, ME/CFS sufferer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darren,

    so sorry to hear that you are also a sufferer, but happy to see that you have also 'kept on, keeping on'..

    Kim

    ReplyDelete